J. DOUGLAS MOORMANN
Vice President – Developement Strategies
Doug Moormann brings more than 25 years of experience creatively linking people with government to solve problems. He works primarily in economic development and government relations, and is the head of Development Strategies Group (DSG)—our sister organization, an economic development consulting firm.
Before his work with DSG, Doug served the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber as both the Vice President of Economic Development and Vice President of Government Affairs. There, he led initiatives to build the local economy through business attraction, job retention, and regional marketing. He also helped secure funds to replace the Brent Spence Bridge and launch numerous community projects.
He graduated from the University of Dayton with a degree in Political Science. Doug, his wife Kimberly, and their children live in Madeira where he was recently appointed to the Madeira City Council.
- Executive Assistant for Business and Industry to former Governor Bob Taft
- Helped devise Governor Taft’s Third Frontier program, a tech-based economic development issue
- Helped create Ohio’s Job Retention Tax Credit
- Chief of Staff to Lieutenant Governor Maureen O’Connor
- Legislative aide to then-Congressman Mike DeWine
- City of Madeira, Councilmember and Planning Commission Member
Other accolades include:
- The Ohio Transportation Review and Advisory Council board member
- Board of Directors of the European American Chamber of Commerce member
- The Greater Cincinnati Workforce Network board member
- The Tri-ED Board of Directors member
- Brent Spence Bridge Corridor Advisory Committee member
- The Southwest Ohio Regional Workforce Investment Board member
- The St. Francis DeSales Festival Committee board member
- The Governing Board of the Office of the Ohio Consumers’ Counsel by appointment of the Ohio Attorney General
- Graduate of Leadership Cincinnati, Class XXX