CHARLES H. GERHARDT, III
President and Founder
Charles H. “Chip” Gerhardt, III has made government affairs, economic development, and issue advocacy his life’s work. He’s worked for decades in the public and private sectors, including the local, state, and federal levels of government. In 2007, he used that experience to found Government Strategies Group. At GSG, he works directly with clients, helping them navigate a complicated landscape of policy, administration, and red tape.
Chip received his B.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame and his Juris Doctor from the St. Louis University School of Law. He lives in Anderson Township with his wife Jane and their three children.
- Former Vice President at KMK Consulting Company
- Former Vice Chairman of the Hamilton County Republican Party
- Former Deputy Director of the Governor’s Regional Economic Development Offices for Ohio Governor George Voinovich
- Helped create Ohio’s Transportation Review Advisory Council (TRAC), and served on the Council for eleven years.
Other accolades include:
- Hamilton County Board of Elections member
- The Ensemble Theatre board member
- Findlay Market Corporation board member
- Board of People Working Cooperatively member
- Former Chairman of the Board for the National Down Syndrome Society
- Former board member of the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanic Garden, the Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority, and the Clermont Chamber of Commerce
- Current Board Member for Ensemble Theater Cincinnati, People Working Cooperatively, Corporation for Findlay Market, goVibrant, and the African American Chamber of Commerce.